Barcroft Beach Lifeguard USLA Waterfront Lifeguard Tryouts
May 22, 2021 - 09:00am
Barcroft Beach Lifeguard
USLA Waterfront Lifeguard Tryouts
May 22-23, beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Beach 4
Prior to employment as a waterfront lifeguard on any Lake Barcroft beach, all candidates must satisfy the following each season:
• 16 years of age or older.
• Continuous 500-meter open water swim within 10 minutes or less immediately followed by 2 minutes of treading water without the use of the hands.
• Swim submerged for 20 meters; recover 3 rings from 4-5 feet of water.
• 250-meter rescue board paddle in 3:00 or less
• 15-meter run/30-meter swim/15-meter run in 1:45 or less
• Assessment of basic lifeguard and first aid knowledge and skills including but not limited to a submerged victim recovery, spinal management, and CPR.
• Possession of current pre-employment certifications.
• Delivery of all required administrative paperwork, including a clear medical evaluation, to the Lake Barcroft Association office.
Additional required training and certification provided to successful candidates.
Use the following to submit an application of interest: https://forms.gle/