Labor Day Games are ON!
Sep 05, 2022 - 10:00am
When: Sept 5 Monday - Labor Day - from 10.00am to 4.00pm
Where: Beach 3
Why: It's a Lake Barcroft tradition! First time since 2019. Let's have fun!
What to bring: Your 2022 LBA Beach Tag + Cash / mobile / Credit cards to buy food or a picnic of your own + good cheer and spirit for fun
Many neighbors are stepping up to help make all this happen...in fact...If you can spare an hour in the morning 9am - 10am to help haul out folding tables, hula hoops, and do set up and pack out from 4.00pm to 5.00pm, please give me a holler. Just a couple more pairs of hands would make quick and easy work for everyone.
I am also in need of an EMCEE who is not shy to use the megaphone to help move us from one event to another and bring some order to happy chaos, please contact me, too! PLEASE VOLUNTEER!
UPDATE : Justice Cheer will be back again to be part of our Labor Day Games. BBQ Chicken sandwich, hot dogs, burgers, fruit cups, and other yummies will be available from 11.00am till they sell out. CASH or VENMO. Also, Captain Cookie will be there from 11.00am to 2.30pm to satisfy your sweet tooth. CASH or CREDIT CARDS.
Here are the events!
- 6.00am to 11.00am - Fishing Contest (biggest catch, spinning fly rod), 12 yr + under; 13 yr + above (sign up with Scott Geary email@example.com)
- 10.00am to 1.30pm Registration for beach events
- 11.00am to 2.00pm Sand Castle Building
- 11.00am 1-Mile Fun Run 9 yr + under; 10-12 yr, 13-16 yr, 17-25 yr, 26-49 yr, 50 + above
- 11.30 to 1.30pm Sticker Tattoos for everyone!
- 11.30am Penny Pile (3 minutes) 4 yr + under, 5-6 yr, 7-9 yr, 10-12 yr
- 12.00pm Three-legged races 8yr + under, 7-10 yr, 11-14 yr, 15 yr + above, inter-generational (adult + under 12 yr)
- 12.30pm Sack races , 8 yr + under, 7-10 yr, 11-14 yr, 15 yr + above, inter-generational (adult + under 12 yr)
- 1.00pm Wheelbarrow races 10 yr + under, 11-17 yr, 18 yr + above, inter-generational (
adult + under 12 yr)
- 1.30pm Hula Hoop Contest 12 yr + under, 13 yr + above
- 2.00pm Sand Castle Judging and Winners announcement
- 2.00pm Lake Swim (Beach 2 to Beach 3) 12 yr + under, 13 - 18 yr, 19 yr + above
- 2.30pm Paddle Races (Beach 2 to Beach 3) canoes, paddle boards, kayaks under 10 ft in length 7-12 yr, 13-18 yr, 19 yr above MUST WEAR PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE; no PFD, no play
- 3.00pm Tug o' War 6 yr + under, 7-10 yr, 11-15 yr, 16 yr + older, battle of kids vs adults